Monday, April 16, 2018

Frame lofted and married to bottom panel.

My little garage building operation has just enough room for my table.  I start the next phase by building the board's cradle.  This method works well for me. I match the spar to the cradle.


My next step is glue the ribs to the spar.  I use bricks to keep the spar and ribs in place overnight while the glue dries.


The next day I add the 1/4" x 1/4" cedar stringers to the frame.  Those get glued in also.


The stringers add a lot of strength and weigh less than a 1/3 of a lb.  Those get glued and dried overnight.  Now I can trace the frame on the bottom panel and glue those together.



I like doing it this way because it's simple.  I've never had a bad result.  There is a fair bit of set-up work.



Thanks for your support.


No comments:

Post a Comment