Sunday, May 27, 2018

Hurricane Season and rail strips.

The weather is starting to become more active.  Tropical Storm Alberto is making waves in the gulf.  That's making local panhandle surfers happy.  For the east coasters it's making a lot of rain.


Yesterday, I sanded and planed.  The way I lay up my rail strips is very time consuming.  I like to take my time.


This board seems to be working out well so far.  It's a pleasure to work with balsa and paulownia.  Sanding these woods is so easy.


It's taken a while to get the board to this point.  I did a new nose detail that makes this one special.  I'm still figuring out new things to try.


The board is ready to have the rails shaped.  I love to do this part.  For this I use a block plane, modeler's plane and sanding board.  Power tools aren't needed.


Thanks for your support.

1 comment: