We finally had a little break from the summer flatness. Nice little knee to waist high nuggets for the past 3 days. Fun stuff and the water cooled down.
My project took an unexpected detour today. I glassed the fins in yesterday. That went alright. Today I was cleaning them up for some more glass. That's when I noticed the polyester resin didn't bond with the fins. I pulled at it and the glass didn't stick good.
The fins are Bloodwood and something else. It's a bummer that I didn't expect. My next step is to carefully cut these off. I've been working with polyester resins for a long time. This is a first time anything like this has happen.
Lesson learned on this post. Stay positive and get in the water. Thanks for your support.