Sunday, July 1, 2018

It just might work.

When it comes to any of my projects.  I like it when everything goes as planned.  After exchanging ideas with my fin maker I learned something.  Don't make things harder than they have to be.  He recommended that I clean the fins.

I did that with xylene.  That removed any of the surface oils.  I used some masking tape to remove any little pieces of cotton from the cotton balls.  

My next step was to apply a layer of Suncure sanding resin.  The wood soaked it up.

The Bloodwood is very dark and a good contrast color.  I let the resin cure and sanded the fins with 100 grit.

My next step was to make a batch of laminating resin.  I added a single layer of glass to the fins to see if it was going to work out better this time.

The glass went on smooth.  This just might work out after all.  I hope so.  I'll know tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment